Known across the word for its delicious flavour, Swiss chocolate has become synonymous with premium quality. Subtle cocoa notes and a smooth creamy texture make this chocolate a favourite for almost all chocolate lovers. So, what could be better than Swiss chocolate in cake form? How about making it in your own mug! Super simple, guilt free portions you don’t have to share with anyone!
So, What Makes Swiss Chocolate Different?
The main difference between Swiss chocolate and its Belgian chocolate counterpart is the flavour. While Belgian chocolate tends to be known for its rich cocoa notes, Swiss chocolate is famous for its milder, smooth and creamy texture, making it ideal for use in baked goods like muffins, brownies and mug cakes!
How to Make a Swiss Chocolate Mug Cake
What you’ll need:
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon of Waterbridge Swiss Chocolate spread (1 tablespoon of melted Waterbridge Swiss Chocolate mixed with 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar. Slowly add the powdered sugar to the melted chocolate until you reach desired consistency.)
- 1 Small handful of Waterbridge Swiss Chocolate Pieces
- ¼ Teaspoon Powdered Sugar
Yields: 1 Swiss Chocolate Mug Cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Incorporate all of the ingredients, except the toppings, into your mug. Start with your dry ingredients and then gradually mix in your wet ingredients.
- Stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Drop in a small handful of Waterbridge Swiss Chocolate pieces to add creamy chocolate bites to your mug cake (optional).
- Place your mug in the microwave for 90 seconds (this time varies depending on the wattage of your microwave so you may need to experiment).
- Add your Swiss Chocolate Waterbridge spread on top and sprinkle it with a pinch of icing sugar (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
How do You Enjoy your Swiss Chocolate?
Do you love to bake, or eat your Swiss chocolate straight? We want to know how you like to enjoy your Waterbridge Swiss chocolate! Send us your Swiss chocolate recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our blog, or share your recipes with us on social media by tagging @WaterbridgeJoy in your post! You can find our Waterbridge Swiss Chocolate in our Candy Outlet store at 680 Granite Court in Pickering, Ontario just off of Whites Road and the 401!